The Pamphleteer

During colonial times in America, if you wanted to convince or inform people about some issue that you considered important, you went to the local printer and got some pamphlets printed. You then handed them out, read them to anybody that was interested, nailed them to the town bulletin board, or the nearest tree. The first amendment was specifically written to protect this type of activity and the writers or "pamphleteers".

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
American Flag Project
Links


Archives


Who Links Here This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, August 30, 2004
 
A LETTER FROM SENATOR ZELL MILLER, KEYNOTE SPEAKER AT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION

Dear Patrick,

I'm a Democrat. I went to my first political convention in 1972 as a Scoop Jackson Democrat - pro defense. Twelve years ago, I left my home in the mountains of North Georgia on a trip to New York. That trip culminated with a keynote address to the National Convention of a political party. But despite my Georgia roots, and despite my conservative beliefs, it was not the Republican National Convention, it was the Democrats.

In just two days, I will speak again in New York, but this time the party is the Republicans, and this time the candidate is George W. Bush. While much has changed in the last 12 years, my Party has not. I'm still a Democrat, and I support the President.

Will you show your support? Will you contribute at www.GeorgeWBush.com/ZellMiller

I have been asked many times why I, and so many other Democrats, support President Bush. The answer is simple - he is the right man to lead our nation at this time.

I have also been asked why I don't support John Kerry. That answer is also simple - you can't make a chicken swim and you can't make John Kerry anything but an out-of-touch ultra liberal from Massachusetts.

The Democratic Party today has drifted far, far to the left and they have become completely beholden to the various left-leaning, liberal special interest groups for whom they depend upon for money and for manpower.

I choose instead to support the President. Will you join me? Will you give $1,000, $500, $250, $100, or even $50 to help the President's campaign?

www.GeorgeWBush.com/ZellMiller

There are many Democrats like me, Democrats who believe in a strong military, and giving our military what it needs to get the job done.

When the Democrats met in Boston, they talked a lot about John Kerry's service in Vietnam, but barely even mentioned his 20 years in the Senate.

Let me say as clearly as I can, what Lieutenant John Kerry did in Vietnam, is to be praised, and we should thank him for it every day, but not his shameful record on national defense as a U.S. Senator. And not for voting to send our troops to war, but against the $87 billion to give them the equipment to fight that war.

I am honored to be speaking in New York, and I am proud to be a Democrat. Mostly, I am proud to support President George W Bush. I hope you will join me.

www.GeorgeWBush.com/ZellMiller

Sincerely,
S/
Sen. Zell Miller
D-Georgia