The Pamphleteer

During colonial times in America, if you wanted to convince or inform people about some issue that you considered important, you went to the local printer and got some pamphlets printed. You then handed them out, read them to anybody that was interested, nailed them to the town bulletin board, or the nearest tree. The first amendment was specifically written to protect this type of activity and the writers or "pamphleteers".

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
American Flag Project
Links


Archives


Who Links Here This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Saturday, September 01, 2007
 
Refdesk Thoughts of the Day:




"Adolescents may be, almost simultaneously, overconfident and riddled with fear. They are afraid of their overpowering feelings, of losing control, of helplessness, of failure. Sometimes they act bold, to counteract their imperious yearnings to remain children. They are impulsive, impetuous, moody, disagreeable, overdemanding, underappreciative. If you don’t understand them, remember, they don’t understand themselves most of the time."

-Stella Chess

-----

"I hear and I forget..."

"I hear and I forget; I see and I remember; I do and I understand."

-Chinese Proverb

-----

"One of the luckiest things that can happen to you..."

"One of the luckiest things that can happen to you in life is, I think, to have a
happy childhood."

-Agatha Christie

-----

"I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia..."

"I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery
inside an enigma."

-Winston Churchill

-----

"What we’re saying today is that you’re either part of the solution..."

"What we’re saying today is that you’re either part of the solution or you’re part of the problem."

-Eldridge Cleaver

-----