The Pamphleteer

During colonial times in America, if you wanted to convince or inform people about some issue that you considered important, you went to the local printer and got some pamphlets printed. You then handed them out, read them to anybody that was interested, nailed them to the town bulletin board, or the nearest tree. The first amendment was specifically written to protect this type of activity and the writers or "pamphleteers".

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
American Flag Project
Links


Archives


Who Links Here This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, November 13, 2006
 
Modern Day Manners


(From Bob, our correspondent in Bayside.)


During class, a teacher trying to teach good manners, asks the students:

"Michael, if you were on a date, having supper with a nice young
lady, how would you tell her that you have to go to the bathroom?"

"Just a minute, I have to go pee."

"That would be rude and impolite! ! !"

"What about you Peter, how would you say it?"

"I am sorry , but I really need to go to the bathroom, I'll be
right back."

"That's better, but it's still not very nice to say the word
bathroom at the dinner table."

"And you Little Johnny, are you able to use your intelligence
for once and show us your good manners?"

"I would say: 'Darling, may I please be excused for a moment? I
have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope
you'll get to meet after supper."

The teacher fainted.


.