The Pamphleteer

During colonial times in America, if you wanted to convince or inform people about some issue that you considered important, you went to the local printer and got some pamphlets printed. You then handed them out, read them to anybody that was interested, nailed them to the town bulletin board, or the nearest tree. The first amendment was specifically written to protect this type of activity and the writers or "pamphleteers".

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
American Flag Project
Links


Archives


Who Links Here This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, August 27, 2006
 
Refdesk Thoughts of the Day:




"I would rather quit public life at seventy, and quit it forever, than to
retain public life at a sacrifice to my own self-respect. I will not vote for
any law which will make fair for me and foul for another. The blacklist is the
most cruel form of oppression ever devised by man for the infliction of
suffering upon his weaker fellows."

-Joseph Gurney Cannon

-----

"A man’s life is interesting primarily when he has failed..."

"A man’s life is interesting primarily when he has failed - I well know.
For it’s a sign that he tried to surpass himself."

-Georges Clemenceau

-----

"I have no use for men who fail..."

"I have no use for men who fail. The cause of their failure is no business
of mine, but I want successful men as my associates."

-John Davison Rockefeller

-----

"If I were to attempt to put my political philosophy tonight into a single
phrase..."


"If I were to attempt to put my political philosophy tonight into a single
phrase, it would be this: Trust the people. Trust their good sense, their
decency, their fortitude, their faith. Trust them with the facts. Trust them
with the great decisions. And fix as our guiding star the passion to create a
society where people can fulfill their own best selves - where no American is
held down by race or color, by worldly condition or social status, from gaining
what his character earns him as an American citizen, as a human being and as a
child of God."

-Adlai Ewing Stevenson

-----

"It is hard to fail..."

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

-Theodore Roosevelt

-----