The Pamphleteer

During colonial times in America, if you wanted to convince or inform people about some issue that you considered important, you went to the local printer and got some pamphlets printed. You then handed them out, read them to anybody that was interested, nailed them to the town bulletin board, or the nearest tree. The first amendment was specifically written to protect this type of activity and the writers or "pamphleteers".

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
American Flag Project


Who Links Here This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Cancer News from Johns Hopkins

(From Pamela, our correspondent in Bay Ridge.)

1. No plastic containers in microwave.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its Newsletters. This
information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are
highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic
bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.

Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle
Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked
about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be
heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This applies
to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat,
and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells
of the body.

Instead, he recommends using glass, Corning Ware or ceramic
containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the
dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc.,
should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper
isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use
tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some
of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper.
The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

Also, he pointed out that Saran wrap is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.