The Pamphleteer

During colonial times in America, if you wanted to convince or inform people about some issue that you considered important, you went to the local printer and got some pamphlets printed. You then handed them out, read them to anybody that was interested, nailed them to the town bulletin board, or the nearest tree. The first amendment was specifically written to protect this type of activity and the writers or "pamphleteers".

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More
American Flag Project
Links


Archives


Who Links Here This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, September 12, 2005
 
The View From Over Here...

I'm traveling in Ireland on family business, and I'm really ticked at a lot of things.

Ireland has turned into the typical, snotty, overbearing, patronizing and condescending European country. The next clown that tells me "Bush is a terrible President" gets a kick in the head. Ireland has no electoral votes, so shut up.

The Irish papers are filled with opinions from every moronic politican and columnists about what the USA has done wrong in the world, Iraq, and New Orleans. The prevailing attitude is that the free market system has brought the United States to ruin.

I'm not going to defend the administration or my country in this column, it's been done by people who are a lot more learned and prolific than myself.

Just a story to illustrate the difference between Ireland and the USA. I was watching a television news story about the shortage of neurologists in Ireland. Apparently, there are only about a dozen, and the supply is tightly controlled by the government. This has led to the situation where if you need any kind of neurological work, you go on a waiting list that is about 60-90 days long.

(If it's really serious, you die.)

I live in the county of Queens in New York City, which has about the same population as Ireland, and I could find a professional building that has more neurologists in that one building than in the whole of Ireland. I'll take free market capitalism any day of the week.

I'll finish my rant with this comment: The International Herald-Tribune reads as if it was written by political exiles. Every story is negative about the USA and particularly the Bush administration. On top of that, their sports section stinks.

Anybody know how the Yankees and Mets are doing?